Welcome to the Central/Gulf Coast Chapter of the Texas Universities HUB Coordinators Alliance!
The Central/Gulf Coast Chapter of the Texas Universities HUB Coordinators Alliance (TUHCA) was formed in the fall of 2003 to provide a venue for state agencies and universities in the Central and Gulf Coast area of Texas to support and promote the State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program. The Central/Gulf Coast Chapter is one of four TUHCA chapters and presently includes 23 state agencies and institutions of higher education. The goal of this chapter is to reach minority and small businesses to promote participation in all procurement opportunities.
Highlights of Central/Gulf Coast TUHCA
- Encourage HUB participation in procurements at Economic Opportunity Forums
- Address vendor concerns regarding the procurement process
- Assist HUB vendors with certification
- Develop a Mentor Protégé Program
- Identify and solicit HUB and minority firms for subcontracting opportunities
- Develop and maintain a list of qualified HUB vendors for use in procurements
- Provide all vendors equal opportunity to respond to bid opportunities